The Gmail design team is in overdrive this month. New interfaces, new integration, and new features are Google’s fashion statement for July! In the next few weeks, you’ll notice some new Inbox sorting features that make it easier to organize your messages. Once activated, you’ll see sorting tabs at the top of your Gmail and Google Apps Inboxes.
Here’s a quick overview of the upcoming choices for sorting:
- Classic – This is the standard look. Everything will function as it did before in this mode.
- Priority Inbox – Email from your favorite senders will appear at the top of the list.
- Important first – This style puts important mail at the top of the list. You’ll notice that “Importance” arrows had been added to messages a few weeks ago. Mark messages as “Important” and they will always be the first seen in this mode.
- Unread first – Unread messages will appear at the top, read messages at the bottom.
- Starred first – Messages that are “Starred” will appear at the top.
Once you’ve chosen a style you like most and use it for a week or so, the tabs will disappear. If you want to change your Inbox sorting style, you can make adjustments from the Settings page. More features are on the way — stay tuned!